1. transitive verb To carry, to take, to transport.
2. transitive verb To wear (clothes).
3. transitive verb To raise, to lift, to put something up.
4. periphrastic verb It expresses a repetitive action or a process under development. It is followed by a gerund. It corresponds roughly to present perfect continuous in English. Example: Se llewe pluggant tot ou dïe, it has been raining all day.
5. periphrastic verb It expresses a finished action. It is followed by a participle in gender and number agreement with the direct object. It corresponds roughly to present perfect in English. Example: Jo llewe lleggatas cincent paggas de dou llïur, it have read fifty pages of this book.
Etymology: From Latin levare.