1. conditional conjunction If, in case.
Etymology: From Latin si.
2. adverb of affirmation Yes.
Etymology: From Latin sic.
1. concessive conjunction Although. Example: Si bain ill hast façat grãns progreixes, tuvïe nõn hast ou nivell sufizant, although he has made a great improvement, he is not up to the standard yet.
1. interrogative and exclamative pronoun How. Example: Com apelles-ti?, What’s your name? (literally: how do you call yourself?
2. causal conjunction As, because, since. Example: Com s’hawabe pluggat, a strata esabe moixata, as it had rained, the street was wet.
3. adverb of manner Like, as. Example: Faça-ou com tu volles, do it as you wish.
Etymology: From Latin quomodo.
2. conditional conjunction If, in case. Example: Com qwe nõ manngges-ti ou plat de lentellas, esarés castigat, if you don’t eat the dish of lentils, you’ll be punished.