1. copulative verb To be (something you are).
2. intransitive verb To be (situation, place, time).
3. auxiliary verb To be (passive voice). It is followed by a participle. If present, the agent complement is headed by the preposition pur. Example: As chartas eseiren scriwatas pur ou soudat per sa fama, the letters were written by the soldier to his wife.
4. masculine noun Being.
Etymology: From Latin essere.
1. masculine noun Human being, Man (in general).
1. periphrastic verb It expresses a near future or something about to happen. It is followed by an infinitive. Example: S’eh per pluggăre, it’s about to rain.